Skinny #SundaySupper is the title of this week’s Twitter event on February 17th at 7pm ET. (Hit the hashtag # sign and type in SundaySupper.) Instead of chats about the best uses of butter and heavy cream, the discussion will revolve around calorie-cutting dishes.
As a former model, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Not necessarily healthy ones…Coffee, hard boiled eggs, and celery sticks. Followed by no eating if boxes of brownies had been consumed the night before. Zero-calorie boiled konyaku (a root plant), which looks like grey jelly was also a regular part of the regime.
The Ninja Baker modeling in Japan...a few moons ago.
Shirataki noodles are more commonly used and known derivatives of konyaku in the US. Still, not very nutritious as a single dish. So, I’m contributing The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon to the Skinny #SundaySupper with the shirataki noodles as a meal’s costar, not the star. The calorie count is still low. On top of that, the salmon is delicious and satisfying. If fish turns your stomach, scroll down and see other slimming recipes offered by stellar #SundaySupper food bloggers.
Sake & Miso Salmon is the star of the supper.
Shirataki when flavored with a bit of soy sauce and fresh ginger is a good costar.
The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (approximately 4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons of sake wine
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of miso paste
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (1 for cooking and 1 for the final drizzle)
- Calorie-free cooking spray (Olive oil, if you want a healthier option)
1. Spray a cooking pan.
2. Place the 4 tablespoons of sake, 1 tablespoon of the miso and soy sauce into the pan.
3. Stir the above ingredients and turn the stove flame to medium-low.
4. Add the salmon fillets.
5. Fry on each side for about 5 to 6 minutes (depending on the size of the fish.)
6. Remove and place on a paper towel, patting off any excess liquid.
7. Place the fish on a microwavable plate.
8. Slather the fillet tops with the additional ½ or 1 tablespoon miso paste. (A little goes along way so use according to taste.)
9. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Make sure the fish is covered with a paper towel.
10. Drizzle with soy sauce.
Zero-calorie Shirataki Noodles
- Shirataki noodles
- Soy sauce
- Fresh ginger
1. Drain the shirataki noodles in cold water.
2. Boil the noodles
3. Drain the hot noodles
4. Serve with soy sauce and a little grated fresh ginger
(The contrast of the sweet noodles and the tangy ginger is great.
However, you will need only a tiny bit of ginger to get the zing.)
More Skinny Recipes:
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- #DairyFree Cream of Broccoli Soup by Galactosemia in PDX
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup by Neighbor Food
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No one Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
Healthy Skinny Mains & Sides
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Salad Wraps by MamaMommyMom
- Mashed Cauliflower by Supper for a Steal
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki by Country Girl in the Village
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by The Daily Dish
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad by Family Foodie
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Maddy’s Arugula Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Light chicken enchiladas by My Cutie Bride
- Pear Almond Arugula Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Cupcake & Kale Chips
- Ahi Tuna Salad by The Urban Mrs
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza by Dinners and Desserts
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas by The Lovely Pantry
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Salmon Tikka Wraps with Cucumber Raita by Soni’s Food
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Chipotle Black Bean Burgers with Baked Garlic Home Fries by Curious Cuisiniere
- The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers with Parsnip Fries by Gourmet Drizzles
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots by Mangoes and Chutney
- Italian Sub Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Kale and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette by Sustainable Dad
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe by Home Cooking Memories
- Confetti Cabbage and Salmon Wraps by The Roxx Box
- Escarole and Beans by Midlife Road trip
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Wholegrain Fettuccine Alfredo with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Guilt Free Skinny Desserts & Snacks
- Chocolate avocado cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Tiramisu Parfaits by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots by girlichef
- Homemade Protein Bar Recipe by Masala Herb
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Skinny Sunday Supper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
This former model's reflection in the mirror started smiling more
with permission to enjoy the sweet stuff of life in moderation.
Wishing you slimming and satisfying recipes…and an allowance of a treat or two in moderation =)
The Ninja Baker
© ™ Watkinson 2012
The Ninja Baker's recipes are also available at: